Full Moon Ritual
For each New Moon and Full Moon I like to do a little ritual in my home or in nature. It is a very powerful way to manifest what you want to bring into your life and what you want to let go of, and so far it has not let me down, even if the things I have been putting out have come back to me immersed within a test or challenge in order to get them, thats all part of the process! I usually chose to do the rituals with my partner, if you are in a relationship it is a special thing to do together and you could even focus on your relationship rather than your own individual needs. However, you can do it alone or with friends too, whatever you feel comfortable with! I have always wanted to start a Women's Moon Circle at some point so femmes can come together!
If you feel the call to do your own ceremony then see my suggested guidelines below...
- Set up a lovely spot to sit comfortably in, preferably where you can see the Moon in all its beauty, seeing her shine down on you makes the experience extra magical
- Set up an alter in front of you which has all of your most special things on, those things which you hold close to your heart and soul. For example, I will always have my crystals, candles, angel cards, tarot cards, Sage and Palo Santo. Sometimes I will have a photo of loved ones in spirit too
- Fill a big bowl or vase with water and place this in front of you or on your alter
- Grab some paper and a pen and place next to you
- I always light an incense stick and burn sage in each corner of the room to bless and protect the sacred space
- Once you are all set up, begin the ritual by lighting a candle on your alter. If there are others in the ceremony it will be nice for them to have their own candle to light too
- Ask that your guides, any loved ones in spirit, arch angels or any beings you wish to invite to come in and protect the sacred space whilst you perform your ritual
- Start by spending a few minutes meditating, breathing deeply, getting in tune with yourself and in the calm zone
- Reflect on the past couple of weeks. Think about what experiences you have had, what has come up which has been difficult to deal with, have you held back in your life at all, what things do you want to release going forward? What is your intention for this new phase? Once you are clear then write your intention down on the paper
- You can now read your intention out aloud or in your head and then say 'I now let this go' or whatever else comes to you, there are no rules :)
- Burn the paper into the water, watch as all that no longer serves you burns way and dissolves into the fire. (Be very careful at this point to be safe, I always use a huge vase of water and only burn the paper for a few seconds then put into the water)
- Now that you have made space in your life for things you want you can vision/meditate on what you want to bring in and achieve in this new phase. Manifest. Anything is possible. Ensure you do it with love and good intention though
- Once you are finished then blow out your candle and give gratitude and prayers to the Moon and Mother Earth and whoever else comes to mind. Maybe you know someone who is having a difficult time? Send them love and healing thoughts and energy <3